mercoledì 21 aprile 2010

Sex, freebies and rock 'n roll.

Three things that your average college student won't ever refuse: sex, free food and free stuff in general. Bye bye rock 'n roll.

I have to admit that I am very interested in advertising and its special little world, and living in a big city like Tokyo gives me many opportunities to have a first-hand experience of creative advertising and crazy stuff. A couple of months ago I missed the YSL manifesto: free original totes were given out around the city; the RedBull Minis are everywhere, feeding me free Redbull, and Lipton free teabags in winter. I mean, how cool is this?


Today, Topshop/Topman had some campaign going on near the South Gate of Waseda Uni, in order to let us poor students know that they have a 10% discount all year round for poor students like us. I love repeting myself. Obviously I already knew it, because I know everything, but I thought it was just some esoteric myth or whatever. They even rode some cute bikes. I want a bike as well.




Two eyes in the dark! They're staring at me! Oh! It's just a Japanese lamp! No wait... it's a free tote! In YELLOW! (Tried the "artistic" take and failed)



What I found inside the tote. A pen, a "clear double folder" and some mini-catalog. Neat.
(The guys' version contained a notepad and no pens, they don't need pens)

Don't forget to Follow @topshoptopmanjp and @alicetokyo on Twitter!


My friends and me grabbed the free totes in 0.5 seconds, not because we are cheap, but because yeah, would you ever say no to free stuff? Would you? By the way, if someone from Burberry accidentaly stumbled onto my blog, they should know I have a huge thing for trench coats. Just saying. In honey, by the way.

3 commenti:

  1. Here is one student who ran to find the TOPSHOP distributor to be gone. Life is very hard.

    By the way, rock 'n roll...?

    RispondiElimina
  2. Marie, aww that's too bad... Next time I'll mail you or something so you won't miss anything hehe


    Rock 'n Roll. I'm pretty random, you know!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Love your blog! And isn't the model on the catalog Kiki Kang?

    RispondiElimina